Good design is finding a solution to a problem. Great design is finding the simplest solution to the same problem. My design philosophy directly informs my process. Through discovery, research, ideation, strategy and execution good design is attainable but I will always strive for great design. Less is more.
- Good design clearly identifies a problem.
- Good design sets manageable goals toward a solution.
- Good design involves research.
- Good design organizes data into a concise strategy.
- Good design finds inspiration using physical tools.
- Good design is executed with precision and care.
- Great design discovers unknown problems.
- Great design sets goals above and beyond the clients needs.
- Great design asks questions that dismiss unnecessary solutions.
- Great design simplifies a strategy into the fewest possible parts.
- Great design uses a pencil in the inception of the solution.
- Great design is complete when there is nothing left to take away.